How to care for your fresh peonies
Peonies, one of the worlds most beautiful blooms. Grown on our family farms just out of Nelson. We've sold out for the 2021 season.
To prolong the vase life:
1. Clean your vase thoroughly.
2. Fill the vase with cold or chilled water (you can add ice cubes too) and add a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of white vinegar. Stir well to help dissolve the sugar.
3. Trim the stems and cut on an angle to allow for maximum water absorption. Leave a bit extra length so you can trim again.
4. Display in a cooler part of the house out of direct sunlight - heat will make them open faster. If you want your buds to open quickly put them in warm water and in a warm spot in the house.
5. Every 2 days trim a little more off the stem, change the water and add a teaspoon more sugar.
Enjoy your peonies for the next week or so and enjoy the amazing blooms as they unfold.
Cut flowers don’t like direct sunlight – and neither does our skin.