Peonies, one of the worlds most beautiful blooms. Buy a box today and have them delivered to your doorstep (New Zealand only). Grown on our family farms just out of Nelson.
To prolong the vase life:
1. Clean your vase thoroughly.
2. Fill the vase with cold or chilled water (you can add ice cubes too) and add a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of white vinegar. Stir well to help dissolve the sugar.
3. Trim the stems and cut on an angle to allow for maximum water absorption. Leave a bit extra length so you can trim again.
4. Display in a cooler part of the house out of direct sunlight - heat will make them open faster. If you want your buds to open quickly put them in warm water and in a warm spot in the house.
5. Every 2 days trim a little more off the stem, change the water and add a teaspoon more sugar.
Enjoy your peonies for the next week or so and enjoy the amazing blooms as they unfold.
Cut flowers don’t like direct sunlight – and neither does our skin.