Many of our customers are having skin flare ups this winter. The dry winter air is particularly harsh on eczema prone skin and the cold weather makes us want to wrap up warm and turn up the heat. Too many layers, hot showers, baths or overheated rooms can make eczema even worse. As with any time of year the best advice for eczema prone, dry or irritated skin remains:
- Keep your skin hydrated. Drink plenty of water and keep your skin moisturized
- Avoid skin irritants (perfumes, chemicals) in moisturizers, cleaning products, shampoos, soaps, shaving cream
- Wear clothing that doesn’t irritate skin (cotton underneath wool or merino can prevent irritation)
- Don’t overheat – keep showers and baths warm (not hot) and be careful that your heating isn’t too much that it drys out your skin
- Avoid your triggers – certain foods, animals, dust….
Pure Peony Sensitive Crème, soap and shampoo will hydrate and moisturize your skin, strengthen the skin barrier, reduce inflammation and itching and reduce risk of infection. For best results, use our sensitive soap daily, our sensitive shampoo bar when you wash your hair and our Pure Peony Sensitive crème on inflamed, irritated skin 2 – 3 times a day until clear.
Our customers rate our crème the best for winter hands -Kathleen in Auckland finds "the sensitive cream soothes the dry scaly areas which I get between my fingers as the weather gets colder". Rachelle in Southland shared "Love this product both for myself and my children. It really helps with eczema prone skin and is wonderful for dry cracked 'winter time' hands. Very satisfied customer".